Read Time: 4 min.
If you are shipping goods anywhere in the world—especially if you are exporting goods internationally—crating and packaging are critical concerns. Your shipment might have to travel on multiple modes with multiple carriers, and each link in the chain presents more potential for damage or shifting within the package.
If your packaging is compromised in any way, your shipment could be exposed to the elements or become damaged along the way. Proper crating and packing ensure your shipment arrives at its destination intact and as expected, mitigating the risk of loss and unhappy customers.
Why You Need Crating and Packaging Expertise
When planning your shipments, there are a lot of things to consider. You must document and classify your goods correctly and arrange transportation, payment, letters of credit, and insurance, as appropriate.
Today, shipping is more challenging than it has ever been. As the logistics industry struggles with changing regulatory frameworks, reduced capacity, container shortages, and unpredictable timelines, there is more to worry about than you can imagine.
The best way to protect your assets is by ensuring they are packaged securely, safely, and correctly—and that’s where a crating and packing professional can help.
The Role of Licensed Customs Brokers in Facilitating International Trade
What Services are Available for Crating and Packaging?
When you entrust your custom crating and packing to an experienced 3PL like DTS, here’s what you can expect:
- On-site packing services include custom crates, skids, pallets, corrugated containers, and heat shrink-wrap.
- Packing and crating for any size and type of load, including heavy machinery.
- Weatherproofing, sub-floor reinforcement, bracing, and more.
- Packaging appropriate to the travel requirements and compliant with export regulations.
- Re-consolidate shipments to maximize space and make it easier to handle.
- Bundling, strapping, dunnage, and palletizing raw materials and parts.
We also handle all the export documentation and liaise with ports and DCs at the destination for quality assurance. We’ll even oversee shipments that require special handling, like hazardous goods, so you can rest easy knowing those goods are safe and compliant every step of the way.
Benefits of Custom Crating and Packing
When you work with DTS, you always have a trusted expert on your side. Our team always goes the extra mile to ensure your confidence. More predictable outcomes and timelines mean lower costs and happier customers—all of which send value straight to the bottom line.
Some of the main benefits of custom crating and packing include:
- Packaging is designed for the shape and size of your goods, minimizing waste and keeping your items more secure.
- Goods will not be damaged in transit when they are correctly packed.
- Professionally packaged shipments are easier and faster for carriers to move.
- The right packaging protects your goods from the elements.
How DTS Can Help
DTS offers decades of experience and a passion for what we do so you can worry less and get back to what you do best. Whether you’re just getting started in the export business or an established exporter looking to grow, DTS can get you there.
Speak to us today about our custom crating and packing services. We handle some of the most challenging types of cargo and can save you time, money, and all the stress involved in achieving your business goals.